Monday 27 December 2021
COVID-19 UPDATE: Monday 27 December 2021
The Premier has advised that the Perth and Peel regions will continue with targeted public health and social measures until from 6.00am on Tuesday 28 December 2021 to 6.00am on Tuesday 4 January 2022:
- Masks are mandatory for indoor public venues, including in the workplace and on public transport. Exemptions apply including when undertaking vigorous exercise, for medical reasons and primary school aged children or younger people should use common sense and take a mask with them whenever they leave home
- Mask-wearing is recommended for large outdoor public events, when you cannot physically distance
- Anyone who has been in Perth and Peel since 16 December and enters another regional area is required to wear a mask as per requirements in Perth and Peel
- Seated food and beverage consumption only for all licensed venues and events
- Music festivals and certain high-risk music events remain cancelled, dancing (except for weddings) is banned and nightclubs remained closed
Travel to remote Aboriginal communities remain restricted.
In churches this continues to mean:
- Masks must be worn by everyone in churches and church services during this time.
- The need for using QR codes and manual sign-in continues.
- Every church and church building should also have hand sanitizer readily available for use.
Masks should be worn by all those leading services except when they are speaking as they lead. It is recommended that choirs wear masks when not singing. Congregations must wear masks at all times, except when receiving Communion.
The Most Reverend Kay Goldsworthy AO | Archbishop