Position Vacant: Chef
Position Vacant: Chef
We are looking for an experienced Chef to join our catering team in Swan Valley Adventure Centre and Wollaston Conference Centre.
About the role
Our ideal Chef will have passion for presentation and your dedication to delivering flavour will complete guests’ experiences. By taking pride in your workspace, keeping your standards high, and giving our menu the benefit of your expertise, you’ll create some of our guests’ most lasting memories of our creative kitchen team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Working hands-on cooking from our catering event menus, preparing for outdoor event menus, set up food display on locations, follow pack-down procedures and carry out catering checklists.
- Ensure the efficient preparation and delivery of all food services.
- Ensure all areas of the kitchen are clean, sanitised and presentable always and in line with food safety plan.
- Ensuring food allergens, cross contamination and dietary recipes, menus, food displays and service are in line with food safety plan, consistently in strict compliance.
- Liaise closely with Head Chef or Sous Chef to ensure the kitchen team are prepared for expected numbers and unplanned requirements.
Skills and experience
- Minimum Cert III Commercial Cookery
- Food safety certificate
- Food allergen certificate
- 2 years’ experience within a commercial kitchen environment
- Passion for delivering exceptional food
- A friendly and collaborative nature will help you gel with an experienced team
- Strong work ethic with excellent and professional communication skills
- Good understanding of COGS and cost control
- Ability to drive front and back of house operations and with a can-do attitude.
- Innate ability to remain flexible, create ideas and innovate to assist Head Chef and Sous Chef to meet and exceed guest expectations
- Sound understanding and implementation of food safety plan.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a National Police Certificate. As Swan Valley Adventure Centre and Wollaston Conference Centre are entities of the Anglican Diocese of Perth, our kitchen attendant should also be supportive of the Anglican Church and its values.
You will be preparing delicious food in two centres: Swan Valley Adventure Centre in Middle Swan and Wollaston Conference Centre in Mt Claremont.
Swan Valley Adventure Centre offers a safe and secure world of adventure that is challenging, exciting, and transforming. We offer activity packed school camps, serene corporate conferences or white-knuckle team building adventures.
Wollaston Conference Centre enjoys a wonderful central location fifteen minutes from Perth City with impressive views of Bold Park and the Indian Ocean. Wollaston offers a choice of well-appointed conference rooms suitable for groups of up to 150 people. Our rooms are suitable for large or small organizations for conferences, seminars, workshops, meetings, discussion groups and more.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Free car park
- Career progression
How to apply
Applications which include a cover letter and your CV are invited to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting will begin immediately.