- Permanent full-time role
- Based in Mount Claremont
- Diverse role with good development opportunities
About the role
Our Administration Officer will provide secretarial and administrative services to the Warden and other staff at Wollaston Theological College (WTC) which is anticipating shortly becoming a College of the University of Divinity.
Their primary responsibility will be to provide confidential secretarial support to the Warden, such as diary management, preparation of correspondence and arrangement of travel. They will provide administrative support to the WTC Board, to the wider WTC team as well as support to the College Formation program for those discerning a call to ordained ministry.
Arranging meetings and taking meeting minutes will be part of the role, as well as academic record keeping. Other responsibilities include credit card and petty cash reconciliation. The Administration Officer will also be responsible for updating the website and social media content and for organising promotional materials and advertisements. Other duties include database updates and maintenance of the library records. Reporting to the Warden of the WTC, and being based in the reception area, the Administration Officer will welcome visitors and receive and handle telephone and email enquiries.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification would be highly regarded
- High level of grammar, language and communication skills
- Ability to draft correspondence and reports
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Sound understanding of confidentiality requirements and to work within established boundaries
- Ability to operate autonomously and in a team environment
- Strong customer service focus
- Competent use of Microsoft Office products eg Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Teams and Zoom
- Experience with budget preparation and accounts
- Polite and professional telephone manner
- Ability to accurately record minutes from meetings
- Team player with professional appearance
- Friendly and approachable demeanour
The successful applicant will have to provide a National Police Clearance, not older than 3 months. All employees of the Anglican Diocese of Perth are expected to be supportive of the Anglican Church and its values.
What do we offer in return?
- A competitive salary
- Free parking
- Offices overlooking Bold Park and the ocean
- Permanent role which has the potential to evolve
- Development opportunities
- Working with a great team and culture based on respect, collaboration and support
Wollaston Theological College is responsible for theological education, formation, preparation and training of lay and ordained people in the Diocese of Perth, and it is looking to expand its vision and mission with its anticipated new partnership with the University of Divinity. The College enjoys a wonderful central location fifteen minutes from Perth City with impressive views of Bold Park and the Indian Ocean.
Applications which include a cover letter of no more than two pages and your CV can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisting will begin immediately, and applications will close when a suitable candidate is found.
For a confidential discussion contact Katerina Lazarevska on 08 9425 7200.