Permanent Role - Full or Part Time
- Immediate start
- Permanent position, hours can be negotiated – full-time or part-time
- Versatile role in a beautiful Swan Valley location
About the role
Perform necessary repairs and maintenance. Inspect and diagnose problems and find a most suitable and cost-effective solution to repair. Use of different hand and power tools.
Minor electrical, plumbing and basic carpentry repairs that do not require a qualified tradesperson, including but not limited to repair/replacement of faulty taps, washers, spindles, door/window locks, screen wire, handrails, light fittings, globes and other fixtures and fittings. Hang pictures. Ongoing maintenance including painting, power washing, de-cobbing.
Strong communication with other team members, tradesperson or guests, to resolve the issues in a safe and organised manner. Maintenance of the swimming pool.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Competency in the use of general property maintenance plant and equipment
- Demonstrated experience and competency in Renovations, Tiling, Carpentry, Plastering, and Painting – desirable but not essential
- A trade qualification is desirable but not essential
- High standard of workmanship
- Demonstrated ability to carry out all duties safely and in accordance with WHS regulations
- Working with Heights Certificate
- Current Western Australian Class ‘C’ driver’s licence
- National Police Certificate (not older than 3 months)
- Working with Children Check
- To be supportive of the Anglican Church and its values
What do we offer in return?
- Immediate start
- Permanent role
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Being part of a great team working in one of the best adventure camps in WA
As an entity of the Anglican Diocese of Perth, the Swan Valley Adventure Centre is located within the Perth metropolitan area, on a unique 89 acres of stunning Swan Valley wilderness. Swan Valley Adventure Centre has 6 camp houses accommodating up to 260 guests. The adventure centre features over 20 outdoor activities promoting educational outcomes, teamwork and enjoyment for all. All activities are linked to the Australian curriculum.
How to apply
You can apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The applications should include a cover letter of no more than two pages and an updated CV. Shortlisting will begin immediately, and applications will close when a suitable candidate is found.
For a confidential discussion contact our HR team on 08 9425 7200.