Outdoor Instructor, Grade 4
Permanent, Full-time Role
- Full-time permanent opportunity
- Meals and boarding can be offered as part of the package
- Develop your own outdoor industry skills
The Swan Valley Adventure Centre is a joint venture between the Perth Diocesan Trustees and the Anglican Schools Commission (Inc.) which offers various custom designed outdoor education programmes to suit the schools’ individual needs. We use experiential learning to develop the students in a variety of outcome-based activity programmes, such as Leadership, Problem Solving, etc.
We are currently looking for a full-time Outdoor Instructor (Grade 4) to join our team. The Outdoor Instructor will contribute to the delivery of outdoor education programmes and activities at Swan Valley Adventure Centre. They will run activities in which they are qualified and assist in all other activities.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Cert III outdoor leadership or equivalent experience; minimum 2 years of experience
- Two or more of the following nationally recognised qualifications in roping, canoeing and kayaking, such as ACIA guide or instructor, Australian canoeing flat water instructor, or similar
- A commitment to deliver good customer service
- The ability to empathise and support individuals in situations which are physically and emotionally demanding
- Enthusiasm for the outdoor environment
- The ability to assess a situation rapidly and act decisively under pressure
- Excellent leadership, group management and communication skills
- Good stamina and technical skills in a range of outdoor activities
- Able to work evenings and weekends
In addition to this, our Outdoor Instructor must hold a current Working with Children Check, a valid National Police Certificate and a current First Aid Certificate.
Our employees are expected to be supportive of the Anglican Church and its values.
What we offer:
As part of your employment package, you will be offered comfortable accommodation living on site at Swan Valley Adventure Centre. Located on 89 acres of pristine land in the Swan Valley and overlooking the Swan River, there is not a more idyllic place to work and live. Close to local shopping centres and some of Western Australia’s most famous wineries and restaurants, there is plenty to explore in your down time, plus we are only 30 minutes from the Perth CBD and Australia’s most iconic beaches. The team at Swan Valley Adventure Centre looks forward to welcoming you to the family.
How to apply:
If this sounds appealing to you, submit your applications which include a cover letter and a CV to email@example.com
For a confidential discussion regarding the role, contact Katerina Lazarevska on 08 9425 7200.
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.