Outdoor Instructor, Grade 4
Permanent, Full-time Role
- Competitive salary for full-time hours
- Opportunities to develop your outdoor leadership skills
- Excellent team culture where everyone feels respected and valued
Are you a qualified instructor passionate about the outdoors? Do you enjoy leading teams in fun activities, such as zip lines, high ropes, kayaking, canoeing or similar? Do you want to work in a great team where you will feel valued and respected, and be given ample opportunities to advance your skills? Swan Valley Adventure Centre might be the right place for you. We are looking for an Outdoor Instructor to join our team on a permanent full-time basis. The Outdoor Instructor will contribute to the delivery of outdoor education programmes and activities at Swan Valley Adventure Centre. They will run activities in which they are qualified and assist in all other activities.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experience in outdoor leadership
- A Cert III in outdoor leadership or equivalent experience
- A commitment to deliver good customer service
- The ability to empathise and support individuals in situations which are physically and emotionally demanding
- Enthusiasm for the outdoor environment
- The ability to assess a situation rapidly and act decisively under pressure
- Excellent leadership, group management and communication skills
- Good stamina and technical skills in a range of outdoor activities
- Able to work evenings and weekends
In addition to this, our Outdoor Instructor must hold a current Working with Children Check, a valid National Police Certificate and a current First Aid Certificate.
As Swan Valley Adventure Centre is an entity of the Anglican Diocese of Perth, our employees are expected to be supportive of the Anglican Church and its values.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive annual salary
- Free lunch made daily in our kitchen
- You’ll be working with a fantastic team of professionals
- You will have plenty of opportunity to learn and advance in your outdoor leadership skills
- You will receive full in-house training which could lead to nationally recognised qualifications in roping, canoeing and kayaking, such as ACIA guide or instructor, Australian canoeing flat water instructor, or similar
- You’ll be working in a fantastic outdoor education centre situated in the middle of Swan Valley
- You can learn basic equipment maintenance skills
- If you require accommodation, we might be able to help
The Swan Valley Adventure Centre is located within the Perth metropolitan area, on a unique 89 acres of stunning Swan Valley wilderness. Swan Valley Adventure Centre has 6 camp houses accommodating up to 268 guests. The adventure centre features over 20 outdoor activities promoting educational outcomes, teamwork and enjoyment for all. All activities are linked to the Australian curriculum. We use experiential learning to develop the students in a variety of outcome-based activity programmes, such as leadership, problem solving, etc.
How to apply:
If this sounds appealing to you, submit your applications which include a cover letter and a CV to email@example.com
For a confidential discussion regarding the role, contact our HR team on 08 9425 7200.
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.