Established by the Diocesan Council, the purposes of the Multicultural Ministries Commission (MMC) are to:
Foster ways of expressing multicultural interactions in our daily living by:
- encouraging the active and creative participation of the younger generation, by organising events which will appeal to them;
- establishing an award, through competition among high school students, for the best multicultural model. The prize will be worthy of good efforts.
- organising diocesan events, such as liturgical dramas, seminars, and other events, which will express our history, art, literature, poetry, music, dance, food and sports.
Encourage living, encourage multicultural expressions in worship through:
- liturgy and special occasion services, such as Pentecostal Sunday;
- exchange of pulpits and/or congregations;
- exchange of visits between metropolitan and rural congregations.
- establishing an annual multicultural day in the church calendar.
Foster interfaith dialogues and encounters.
Give active support and strong backing to representatives of the Diocese at the Ministerial MultiCultural Advisory Group of the Minister of Multicultural Interests to celebrate and engage in the diversity of multicultural members of the Anglican Diocese of Perth.
MMC meets once a month at St Mary's Anglican Parish of West Perth.
The members are:
- The Right Reverend Jeremy James tssf, Assistant Bishop for the Anglican Diocese at the Ministerial Multicultural Advisory Group of Perth (Chair)
- Mr Rod Forgus (Secretary)
- Reverend Luke Durham, Rector for the Minister parish of Multicultural Interests is to celebrate and engage in the diversity of multicultural All Saints, Gosnells (Treasurer)
- The Venerable Onesimo Yugusuk
- Ms Nihara Bastan
- Ms Hillary Cook
- Ms Mei Wood
All members of the Anglican Diocese of Perth are appointed for a three-year term by The Most Reverend Kay Goldsworthy AO, Archbishop.
For God so loved the world..... John 3:16
Foster ways of expressing multicultural interactions in our daily living
Encourage living, encourage multicultural expressions in worship
Foster interfaith dialogues and encounters