Parish of Beverley-Brookton
The church continues to hold services (first Sunday of the month), baptisms and weddings for the local community and Parish of Beverley and Brookton.
St John in the Wilderness church was built in the Victorian Rustic Gothic style with stone face work, quoining, pointed arch windows, high pitched roof and a timber porch. The church was constructed almost single handed by Mr A.E Woodruff, student of St Paul's College, Burgh near Lincoln in England and lay-assistant to Cannon O.E Groser the second Rector of Beverley. It was consecrated on May 22nd 1895 by the Rt Rev.C.O.L Riley 3rd Bishop, later Archbishop of Perth.
Photos of the church by Gordon @ mingor.net.