National Prayer Service
#ChangeTheHeart Prayer Service
Aunty Jean Phillips, one of the most Senior Aboriginal Christian Leaders in Australia and founder of many Aboriginal Christian organisations and movements, sends her greetings to you, along with a special invitation to you and your church to participate in the 2021 #ChangeTheHeart Prayer Service - Tuning in Together - which will be broadcast nationally on Monday, 25 January from 7.30pm - 8.30pm, AEDT.
Monday, 25 January 2021
7:30 pm AEDT — ACT, Vic, NSW, Tas
6:30 pm AEST — Qld
7:00 pm ACDT — SA
6:00 pm ACST — NT
4:30 pm AWST — WA
Every year Aunty Jean Phillips calls the nation to prayer in the lead up to January 26 - a day of mourning for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander brothers and sisters. Since 2017 prayer services have been held in every state and territory with the support of Brooke Prentis, Aboriginal Christian Leader and CEO of Common Grace, and the Common Grace movement (a growing movement of over 50,000 people pursuing Jesus and justice.) Last January 2020, we held 23 services across Australia and over 3,000 people attended including many Denominational and Church Leaders.
For 2021, in light of the challenge of COVID-19, one national moment has emerged - a time to pray in unison, as we tune in together to #ChangeTheHeart of our nation. This will be a unique national service led by Aboriginal Christian Leaders simulcast on television (ACCTV), online, and on radio.
You are invited to participate - will you accept Aunty Jean Phillips invitation to tune in - wherever you may be in these lands now called Australia - to the national #ChangeTheHeart Prayer Service on Monday 25 January, at 7.30pm AEDT?
There are three ways Churches, church leaders and faith organisations/communities can be involved via https://www.commongrace.org.au/tunein
- Personally tune in to #ChangeTheHeart. Mark the evening of 25th January 2021 in your calendar now and please let me know by reply email if you are tuning in (via ACCTV/Common Grace/Local Radio) or will attend an event in your area (covid permitting). Share the above link with family, friends, local community, etc.
- Publicise #ChangeTheHeart through your denomination/church/community’s involvement/endorsement. This invitation is also extended to all within your denomination and church/community, including all ministers / pastors / corps officers / leaders, your own staff, board, committees, leadership teams, and volunteers. I'd be most grateful if you could please share this invitation with everyone.
- All are welcome and we warmly invite all churches/faith communities to partner with us and support Aboriginal Christian Leaders.
- Promotional materials are available here.
- Make your church or place available to broadcast the service - knowing that COVID Safe restrictions are different across the country and churches are operating in new and unique ways, open your home, church, community hall as a public place to participate in the service - https://www.commongrace.org.au/tunein_places.
(A number of churches and faith communities have already offered to be a place where the service will be broadcast and will be inviting their congregations/faith community, local leaders, and friends & family to be part of #ChangeTheHeart.)
This invitation is also extended to all your staff and volunteers, as well as friends and family, and so I'd be most grateful if you could please also share this invitation with your networks, as all are welcome.
The #ChangeTheHeart Prayer Service is a beautiful opportunity for us to stand with our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander sisters and brothers, whilst learning more about the true history of Australia. Please join us in listening to and learning from Aboriginal Christian Leaders.
Warm regards, and thank you on behalf of Aunty Jean Phillips, Brooke Prentis, Bianca Manning, and the Common Grace movement.