Wednesday 13 April 2022
COVID-19 UPDATE: Wednesday 13 April 2022
You will be aware that from 12.01am tomorrow, Thursday 14 April 2022, public health measures will ease, including relaxed capacity limits for gatherings and hospitality and refined close contact definitions.
For the Diocese, this will mean:
- Masks required indoors.
- 2sqm rule will continue to apply to places of worship and other church buildings, including weddings and funerals with no other capacity limits.
- Contact registration is only required for hospital visits.
A close contact is now defined as:
- A household member or intimate partner of a person with COVID-19 who has had contact with them during their infectious period;
- someone who has had close personal interaction with a person with COVID-19 during their infectious period, where they spent four (4) hours of cumulative contact with them in a residential setting, (ie a home, accommodation facility) where masks have been removed by both people for all of this period,
- someone who is directed by WA Health that they are a close contact.
The Most Reverend Kay Goldsworthy AO | Archbishop