Report Abuse

Reporting Child Sexual Abuse and Sexual Misconduct

We acknowledge that there is a primary need to respond to allegations of child sexual abuse or sexual misconduct with compassion and empathy.

Those who have suffered child sexual abuse or sexual misconduct by a member of Clergy or Church worker have been violated and had their trust betrayed and we are committed to responding promptly with empathy, support, sensitivity and respect. 

We recognise that child abuse or sexual misconduct has a tragic impact on a person’s life.  In addition, making a disclosure takes great courage and it is our aim to ensure that the best possible care focus initiatives are extended to all claimants of sexual abuse and misconduct.

If you have suffered abuse or have any concerns of things you may have witnessed or heard, please contact the Director of Professional Standards.

All other concerns

If anyone has any concerns about the behaviour of a Churchworker or wishes to make a complaint, please contact the Director of Professional Standards:

Ph: (08) 9425 7203 (Direct) or  0419 935 889 (Mobile)

Postal Address:

GPO Box W2067
Perth WA 6846

Faithfulness in Service

Emergency Contacts

If the abuse is current, please contact:

  • Child Abuse Unit on 9428 1500;
  • WA Police on 131 444;
  • Your local Police Station

If you require immediate intervention, please choose the following options:

  • Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) 9340 1828 or 1800 199 888;
  • Lifeline 13 11 14;
  • The Samaritans on 9381 5725;
  • Kids Help Line (24hr) on 1800 55 1800;
  • Crisis Care on 9223 1111 (Perth) or 1800 199 008 (for callers outside Perth)

Complaints Process

A detailed explanation and the Policy for responding to and managing complaints of sexual abuse and misconduct is available from the Director of Professional Standards.

Read more

The following pages might be of interest to you.