Children and Youth
Faith in Action: Children and Youth
Then Jesus took the children in his arms, placed his hands on each of them and blessed them – Mark 10:16
The Church is called to receive, nurture and treasure each child as a gift from God, and to proclaim the Gospel to children and young people in ways that empower them to receive and respond to God’s love. In the Diocese of Perth, ministry to children and young people is auspiced by the Anglican Children and Youth Ministries Commission. We support the Children’s Charter developed by the General Synod Children’s Network.
Anglican Children and Youth Ministry (ACYM)
ACYM is responsible for the over-sight and facilitation of resources, services, faith formation, education, training, programs and events for young people.
ACYM seeks to promote and facilitate all-age worshipping communities and ministry which begins and continues life-long faith formation. We do so by equipping and training those involved in children and youth ministry, encouraging parishes in their endeavours in this field, liaising with Anglican and local schools and celebrating the role of young people across the diocese.
Anglican Youth Ministries Foundation
The Anglican Youth Ministries Foundation was established in 1996 for the following purposes:
- to promote unity between people of all ages within the Anglican communion
- to promote a community within the Anglican church in which young people can explore and develop their relationship with God and with each other
- to empower young people to pursue their spirituality throughout life
- to enthuse, empower and encourage young people to actively participate in all aspects of church life
- to have young people contribute to the decision-making processes of the Anglican church
- to communicate that young people are essential to the transforming role and presence of the church as a pro-active and inter-dependent community
- to encourage and facilitate Christian education and youth leadership
- to raise funds to further the objects of the Foundation set out above.